Cookies consist of portions of code installed in the browser that assist the Owner in providing the Service according to the purposes described. Some of the purposes for which Cookies are installed may also require the User’s consent.
Where the installation of Cookies is based on consent, such consent can be freely withdrawn at any time following the instructions provided in this document.
Technical Cookies and Cookies serving aggregated statistical purposes
Other types of Cookies or third parties that install Cookies
Some of the services listed below collect statistics in an anonymized and aggregated form and may not require the consent of the User or may be managed directly by the Owner – depending on how they are described – without the help of third parties.
1. AccountabilityThe Act requires the Owner (that is I Mortgage) to make sure it guards all information that is submitted to it via the website. The Owner has security mechanisms in place, through its Information technology department, and legal department, to ensure the maximal compliance with the Act.
2 Processing limitations:The Act provides for the processing of personal information that is not against its principles, and does not invade on the privacy of the data subject, information that is minimal, information that is only processed with the consent of the User. The Act provides for the prohibition on the storage and distribution (hereinafter defined as “Processing”) of information relating to the Users: Race, Religion, Trade Union Membership, Political Persuasion, Health, Sexual Life and Criminal Behaviour (“the Prohibited Content”). The User must take heed of the Following: The Owner will not process the Prohibited Content or other personal information submitted on the website without the User’s direct consent. The Owner only receives information related to the following and will not use such information without the User’s consent 2.1. Processing of data related to Property Enquiries: The User must understand that by submitting its personal details, or other details related to the property, it expressly consents to the Owner Processing its personal information, whether such information includes the Prohibited Content or not. IT IS IN THE USERS DISCRETION WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SUBMITTED TO THE OWNER, AND IF SUCH INFORMATION CONTAINS PROHIBITED CONTENT, WHICH THE USER EXPRESSLY CONSENTS TO THE PROCESSING THEREOF. It must be emphasized that the Owner will not process such information beyond the scope of what is required to carry out the selection of prospective clientele. The Owner will store such information for record purposes only, and will not disseminate such information. 2.2 Privacy and general surfing or browsing It is possible for a User to surf the Website without the provision of personal information. THE USER GIVES ITS EXPRESS CONSENT FOR THE WEBSITE SERVER TO COLLECT ITS IP ADDRESS AND OTHER DISTINGUISHING INFORMATION. The purpose for such collection of the IP address is merely to gauge as the number of visits to the Website, what pages on the Website were viewed, and time spent on the Website. The Owner does this to create room for improvements to the use and content of the Website. THE OWNER IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO PROTECT THIS INFORMATION AND MAY USE, DISTRIBUTE AND COPY SUCH INFO AS IT DEEMS FIT.
3. MinimalityThe Act provides for Minimality. This means that personal information may only be processed if, given the purpose for which it was processed, it is adequate, relevant and not excessive. The Owner will only process the submitted personal information for the purposes specified in clauses 2.1 – 2.2 above. The User hereby declares that the information it submits is true, correct, and relevant to the purposes specified above. The Owner is not responsible for any incorrect information submitted.
4. Consent, Justification and ObjectionThe Act requires that in order for any personal information that is submitted requires: 4.1 Consent by the User 4.2. Such Processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract between the User and the Owner. 4.3 Processing is in the legitimate interests of the User. The User as stated above hereby consents to such Processing, to the extent it relates to the purposes as specified in clause 2.1- 2.2. The User further acknowledges that the Processing is in its legitimate interests, with respect to clause 2.1 when enquiring about a property. The User further acknowledges that such Processing, in clause 2.2, is necessary for the Owner to understand the property query and what is needed to assist the User as a prospective client.
6. Further ProcessingThe Act says that information may only be processed further if it is compatible with the purpose for which such information is collected. The User hereby consents to such Processing insofar as it relates to the purposes listed in clauses 2.1 – 2.2. The User hereby consents to such further Processing and declares that it understands that such processing is only related to the purposes in 2.1 – 2.2.
7. Information QualityAccording to the Act, the Owner must take reasonable steps to ensure that all data is correct, complete, accurate not misleading and updated where necessary. THE USER HEREBY DECLARES THAT SUCH INFORMATION IS, IN FACT, CORRECT, COMPLETE, ACCURATE, NOT AMBIGUOUS, AND ACCEPTS, WHERE NECESSARY, TO UPDATE THE OWNER AS TO ANY UPDATES IN SUCH INFORMATION.
How to provide or withdraw consent to the installation of Cookies
In addition to what is specified in this document, the User can manage preferences for Cookies directly from within their own browser and prevent – for example – third parties from installing Cookies.
Through browser preferences, it is also possible to delete Cookies installed in the past, including the Cookies that may have saved the initial consent for the installation of Cookies by this website.
Users can, for example, find information about how to manage Cookies in the most commonly used browsers at the following addresses: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Notwithstanding the above, the Owner informs that Users may follow the instructions provided on the subsequently linked initiatives by the EDAA (EU), the Network Advertising Initiative (US) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (US), DAAC (Canada), DDAI (Japan) or other similar services. Such initiatives allow Users to select their tracking preferences for most of the advertising tools. The Owner thus recommends that Users make use of these resources in addition to the information provided in this document.
Owner and Data Controller
Tygervalley Chambers 4, 27 Willie Van Schoor Ave
Bellville, Western Cape
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Definitions and Legal References
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiable of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through this Website (or third-party services employed in this Website), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Website, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using this Website who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Website. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Website.
This Website (or this Application)
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by this Website as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this site/application.
European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Small sets of data stored in the User’s device.